Our commonly used fiber optic transceivers have 6 indicators, so what does each indicator mean? Does it mean that the optical transceiver is working normally when all the indicators are on? Next, the editor of Feichang Technology will explain it in detail for you, let’s take a look!
Description of the indicator lights of the fiber optic transceiver:
1. LAN indicator: The lights of the LAN1, 2, 3, and 4 jacks represent the display lights of the intranet network connection, generally flashing or long-term on. If it does not light up, it means that the network is not connected successfully, or there is no power. If it is on for a long time, it means that the network is normal, but there is no data flow and download. The opposite is flashing, indicating that the network is in the process of downloading or uploading data at this time.
2. POWER indicator: it is used to turn on or off the optical transceiver. It is always on when it is in use, and it is off when it is turned off.
3. POTS indicator light: POTS1 and 2 are the indicator lights that indicate whether the intranet telephone line is connected. The light state is constant and blinking, and the color is green. Steady on means it is in normal use and can be connected to the soft switch, but there is no service flow transmission. Off indicates no power or failure to register to the switch. When flashing, it means business flow.
4. Indicator LOS: It indicates whether the external optical fiber is connected. Flickering means that the efficiency of ONU receiving optical power is somewhat low, but the sensitivity of the optical receiver is high. Steady on means that the optical module power of the ONU PON has been turned off.
5. Indicator light PON: This is the status indicator light of whether the external optical fiber is connected. Steady on and flashing are in normal use, and off means that the ONU has not completed the OAM discovery and registration.
The meaning of the 6 indicators of the fiber optic transceiver:,
PWR: The light is on, indicating that the DC5V power supply is working normally;
FDX: When the light is on, it means that the fiber transmits data in full duplex mode;
FX 100: When the light is on, it means that the optical fiber transmission rate is 100Mbps;
TX 100: When the light is on, it means the transmission rate of the twisted pair is 100Mbps, and when the light is off, the transmission rate of the twisted pair is 10Mbps;
FX Link/Act: When the light is on, it means that the optical fiber link is connected correctly; when the light is on, it means that there is data being transmitted in the optical fiber;
TX Link/Act: When the light is long on, it means that the twisted pair link is connected correctly; when the light is on, it means that there is data in the twisted pair transmitting 10/100M.
Post time: Apr-22-2022